You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I fix the problem of the “unable to verify this i phone has a genuine apple display.”

my phone has been acting weird since I’ve got my screen fixed and now this notification pops up and was wondering how I can fix this issue

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 9:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2021 2:48 PM

That's a typical message with an aftermarket repair and/or if the pairing step with a genuine Apple authorized repair wasn't done correctly.

If it's aftermarket, it's worth a try to see if you can get it replaced with a genuine screen assembly. If they do that for you, it will cost the standard screen assembly replacement cost, which is $199 plus tax in the United States if done by Apple, and they will require an exchange (even if it's aftermarket). They may refuse to do it - especially if a diagnostic determines that something other than the screen assembly was damaged.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 26, 2021 2:48 PM in response to ozzy231

That's a typical message with an aftermarket repair and/or if the pairing step with a genuine Apple authorized repair wasn't done correctly.

If it's aftermarket, it's worth a try to see if you can get it replaced with a genuine screen assembly. If they do that for you, it will cost the standard screen assembly replacement cost, which is $199 plus tax in the United States if done by Apple, and they will require an exchange (even if it's aftermarket). They may refuse to do it - especially if a diagnostic determines that something other than the screen assembly was damaged.

How can I fix the problem of the “unable to verify this i phone has a genuine apple display.”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.