Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just increased phone storage due to swapping my iPhone 7, do I need additional iCloud storage now??

Hello! I recently swapped a 32G iPhone7 for one with more (128GB) storage. Lucky ME! Question: I am currently paying $2.99 a month, for 200 GB of iCloud storage... do I need to upgrade the iCloud storage as a result?

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 17, 2021 10:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2021 11:21 AM

Maybe, maybe not.

Even if you have plenty of storage on your phone you may want to have, for example, your photos synced with iCloud and you may want to have an iCloud Backup. Both of those options can be extremely useful if your phone is damaged, lost or stolen. But if you backup the iPhone to a computer then you may not need or want to use iCloud.

Also see:

Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Downgrade or cancel your iCloud+ plan - Apple Support

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Back up iPhone - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2021 11:21 AM in response to Rosem3

Maybe, maybe not.

Even if you have plenty of storage on your phone you may want to have, for example, your photos synced with iCloud and you may want to have an iCloud Backup. Both of those options can be extremely useful if your phone is damaged, lost or stolen. But if you backup the iPhone to a computer then you may not need or want to use iCloud.

Also see:

Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

Downgrade or cancel your iCloud+ plan - Apple Support

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

Back up iPhone - Apple Support

Just increased phone storage due to swapping my iPhone 7, do I need additional iCloud storage now??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.