Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting a new Apple ID for the old iPad that just got upgrade d to a new iPad

I just transferred all my date from my old iPad Pro to an iPad Air. I want to use the old iPad for the kids but do not want them to have access to my messages, emails or other important stuff. I would like to keep it under my current Apple ID but not sure if that’s feasible. Can anyone suggest a good way to do this?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Nov 17, 2021 1:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 10:51 AM

Your children should have their own AppleID(s) - in fact, every user should have their own AppleID. This is essential to maintain intended separation of activities and to avoid unintended sharing of sensitive and data. Done properly, you’ll not have any issues with content related to your child appearing on your own devices - or your own data being visible to them.

You may find this information to be helpful with setting-up an AppleID for a minor - and considering appropriate controls:

Apple for Kids - Official Apple Support

Help your child set up an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child – Apple Support

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

Other useful infomation:

Set up Screen Time for a family member on iPad - Apple Support

Family Sharing - Apple

Set up Family Sharing – Apple Support

Share App Store, iTunes Store and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing – Apple Support

How to create a new Apple ID – Apple Support

https://www.imore.com/how-set-up-family-sharing-iphone-ipad

You would be well advised to properly prepare your old iPad for reuse:

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2021 10:51 AM in response to MookyEbby

Your children should have their own AppleID(s) - in fact, every user should have their own AppleID. This is essential to maintain intended separation of activities and to avoid unintended sharing of sensitive and data. Done properly, you’ll not have any issues with content related to your child appearing on your own devices - or your own data being visible to them.

You may find this information to be helpful with setting-up an AppleID for a minor - and considering appropriate controls:

Apple for Kids - Official Apple Support

Help your child set up an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child – Apple Support

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad and iPod touch – Apple Support

Other useful infomation:

Set up Screen Time for a family member on iPad - Apple Support

Family Sharing - Apple

Set up Family Sharing – Apple Support

Share App Store, iTunes Store and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing – Apple Support

How to create a new Apple ID – Apple Support

https://www.imore.com/how-set-up-family-sharing-iphone-ipad

You would be well advised to properly prepare your old iPad for reuse:

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

Getting a new Apple ID for the old iPad that just got upgrade d to a new iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.