Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macBook Air 13-inch late 2010, macOS update

Hi there,

Can some one help me to update my OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 to a newer version. almost all new apps cannot be installed because of this old version (El Capitan 10.11.6).

Please help.

Thanks,

Malayga

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 2:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 5:40 AM

malayga wrote:

Hello Woodmeister50,

Thank you for helping me out on this issue.
I will follow your recommendations to instal High Sierra and try to keep as long as I can because this mac is part of the family and still sharp for what I need to do with it, difficult to throw it away :-).

Kind regards,
Malayga

Don't have to throw it away. Let the kids use it and use the new one yourself.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2021 5:40 AM in response to malayga

malayga wrote:

Hello Woodmeister50,

Thank you for helping me out on this issue.
I will follow your recommendations to instal High Sierra and try to keep as long as I can because this mac is part of the family and still sharp for what I need to do with it, difficult to throw it away :-).

Kind regards,
Malayga

Don't have to throw it away. Let the kids use it and use the new one yourself.

Nov 18, 2021 3:03 AM in response to malayga

From what I can find, High Sierra is the latest operating system that a late 2010 MacBook Air can run.

How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support

FWIW, it is still 4 versions older than what is the most current macOS. To update beyond High Sierra, you will beed to buy a new Mac (or at least a newer Mac). Considering that yours is 11 years old, something to seriously consider as it is likely living on borrowed time at this point.

macBook Air 13-inch late 2010, macOS update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.