Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have tried 3 times to install Monterey on my MacBook air and it will not install it is a compatible model.

Problems trying to install Monterey on MacBook Air M 1 2020. It will not install

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 1:41 PM

Try booting in Safe Mode and then deleted any existing installer (in Applications folder) and redownload and try again.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Make sure you have enough free space before doing this.

7 replies

Nov 18, 2021 1:51 PM in response to Alchmst

There are chances the AV Software, thought disabled, is still active and possibility the root cause of your issue.

Suggestion would be to remove it before attempting the Big Sur installation as Per Developers Specific Instructions.

Besides, there are no Windows-like Viruses that affect macOS. So the protection is really zero for a non existing issue plus money down the rabbit hole with Zero Return.

i have tried 3 times to install Monterey on my MacBook air and it will not install it is a compatible model.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.