Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone SE 1st gen mod no. A1723

Hi. I have an old Iphone SE 1st gen. mod. no. A1723 with IOS 12.2 and update automatic, request update to 15.1 But as memory was full I had´to erase files, but even after that I got an error, so my question is, is it possible to use 15.1 or is it to fancy for this phone?

The question came after a problem with an app "klarna" that suddenly crashed, or should I say is impossible to run, it just light up 1 second and close. So I started to reinstall, erase files to free memory, and restart phone, then I tried to install 15.1 but neither app or IOS update works.

Hope you can give a solution for both.

Regards Stefan

iPhone SE, iOS 12

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 2:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 6:53 AM

To update over the air from the phone all of these requirements must be met:

• You need at least 6 GB of free storage
  • You must be connected to a Wi-Fi network (and not a personal hotspot)
  • The phone must be charged to at least 50%, and preferably plugged in so it stays above 50% during the update
  • The phone must not be in Low Power Mode
  • The phone must not be connected through VPN
  • The phone cannot be in Airplane mode

If you can't meet all of them you can still update using your computer.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 19, 2021 6:53 AM in response to Stelinq

To update over the air from the phone all of these requirements must be met:

• You need at least 6 GB of free storage
  • You must be connected to a Wi-Fi network (and not a personal hotspot)
  • The phone must be charged to at least 50%, and preferably plugged in so it stays above 50% during the update
  • The phone must not be in Low Power Mode
  • The phone must not be connected through VPN
  • The phone cannot be in Airplane mode

If you can't meet all of them you can still update using your computer.

Nov 19, 2021 4:51 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Well I downloded ios15.1 =ok then I started install (close to wifi, good connection) but after verify check I got the answer: "could not install update, an error occured, try again later" (free translation from swedish) same as yesterday. I have erased download an started over again with the same result. 3 Times now.

And tha app I mentioned is just blinking a second, it never starts, so I wonder if problem is related?

//Stefan

Iphone SE 1st gen mod no. A1723

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.