Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ScreenSaver does not come on

Just finished installing macOS Monterey12.0.1

The screan saver function is set to activate in 20 minutes of inactivity. It is not working. The page shows "blank". When I look for the screan saver in Preferences [Desktop & ScreenSaver] and click on the folder I have photos that I use for my screen saver, the "preview" shows nothing .... a blank page.

On my Photo Library there WAS a folder called Screen Saver which had the photos I had chosen to be part of the screen saver preferences. This "folder" is gone! (it seems) after I loaded Monterey 12.0.1

I had it set up so that by placing the mouse on the bottom left corner of the screen, the screen saver would come on. All I am getting is a "blank" page

I have followed the sequence of installing a "new" folder but nothing happens.

Can I get help? Thanks

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 2:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 2:25 PM

There's a known bug with Monterey's screensaver themes that use image file that has been reported numerously in these forums. We'll just have to use a theme that doesn't use image files until Apple releases a fix in a system update. Hopefully it won't be too long.

Similar questions

4 replies

ScreenSaver does not come on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.