Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monterey OS Now Promoting Inferior Resolution

The 16" MacBook Pro 2019 fields a very high display resolution at 3072x1920.

After installing Monterey, we noticed that some apps are not displaying correctly.

Reviewing the Display setting, the max resolution the Monterey supports for the device has now been drastically reduced to 2048x1280.

We are no longer getting the quality and user experience that we have paid a premium for.

The default resolution suggested by Display is 1792x1120. Totally unacceptable in both cases.

Can anyone tell us how we can get rid of "Monterey" or solve the poor resolution issue???

Automatic Update has now been disabled to avoid further pain.

We CANNOT post any screenshots to help illustrate the problem due to previous IP violations and warnings.

Thank you.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 18, 2021 5:03 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Nov 18, 2021 5:12 PM in response to Dr No

Same. I was just scouring Communities to see if anyone else has this same low resolution problem and what the solution is. I am currently running my monitor at 1600 x 900 with a refresh rate of 25 Hertz!! When I increase resolution, I loose the picture. Both the MacBook Air and LG monitor are less than 3 months old.

Monterey OS Now Promoting Inferior Resolution

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.