Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard not appearing on App Library search

When I tap on App Library search, keyboard does not appear in order for me to type a search word. Is there a way to fix this?

I am using iPhone 13 Pro Max and the OS is up to date. I am not using any 3rd party keyboard nor did I touch any keyboard setting. Bluetooth keyboard is not connected and I tried with or without bluetooth enabled. If I reboot, it works again but soon the problem reappears. This is very annoying. I don't want to rebook my phone multiple times a day just so that I can search for an app. Please help.

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 2:01 PM

Thanks Canada14,

How soon after restarting would you say this happens?

When this started, was there anything that recently changed on your device?

Are all of your apps up to date in the App Store?

Cheers.

4 replies

Nov 22, 2021 5:11 PM in response to JCorHelps

Thanks. Problem was solved when I updated all of my apps. I have recently upgraded from iPhone 11 Pro to iPhone 13 Pro Max and some of my infrequently used apps was not downloaded and upgraded. I clicked on the download icon beside app icons on all of them in the list and now the keyboard issue is gone. I am not sure which one was culprit as there were quite a few I downloaded at once. I still think this is a bug which Apple should fix.

Keyboard not appearing on App Library search

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.