Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sharing health data

When I initiate sharing of health data from the health app on my father's phone to my phone, I do not get the invite. It says Invite Pending on his phone. However, when I initiate sharing from my phone to my father's phone i get the invite. What could be the problem?

Posted on Nov 19, 2021 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 12:25 PM

Hi Rrobert5,

We see you'd like to share health data from your father's iPhone to yours, however you don't receive the invitation.

To get started, can you confirm if you're attempting to share data using the steps outlined below?

Additionally, sharing health data requires iOS 15 or later versions. If your device is not updated, take a moment to backup, update, and then try again.

Cheers!

20 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2021 12:25 PM in response to Rrobert5

Hi Rrobert5,

We see you'd like to share health data from your father's iPhone to yours, however you don't receive the invitation.

To get started, can you confirm if you're attempting to share data using the steps outlined below?

Additionally, sharing health data requires iOS 15 or later versions. If your device is not updated, take a moment to backup, update, and then try again.

Cheers!

Nov 29, 2021 3:19 AM in response to Axel Foley

Thank you cut responding back!

I’m using 15.1

I’ve struggled with every issue the gentleman above has.

It’s odd.

I have successfully been able to share with my brother weeks ago. We both have version 15.1 and we’re successful in inviting eachother to share our information. Meanwhile, in my contact for him… he never needed his iCloud email attached to his contact card.

With my mothers phone… I’m not having the same success. We struggled to share data with eachother. My brother’s and my name are grayed out to my mother and Vice verse.

Since adding my mothers iCloud email in her card on our phones… her name finally was visible in blue.

Now, we were successfully able to share it e health data with her. instantly she got the invite so she can view our data. However, when I try to share her info with us… we are viewed as “pending invite” on her phone and we never receive her invites to our phones.

Both my brother and I have our iCloud emails in our personal cards. It's odd weeks ago we could share with eachother but neither of us can view our mom.

Again, everything the gentleman did above in troubleshooting we did as well.

i use an IPhone 11 pro max

my brother uses an iPhone 13 max

my mother uses an iPhone 12

Nov 21, 2021 7:09 AM in response to Axel Foley

The first and second bullet are correct. The third one, about the icloud account, is a little unclear. The first time we tried to share the email address I use to logon to icloud was not in my dad's contact information for me. I saw this requirement and put my icloud email address in the contact information for me in my dad's phone. It doesn't state I have to use the icloud label in the contact record, but I did anyway. Still doesn't work.

When I send an invitation to my dad I do not have his icloud email address labeled icloud, it's labeled home. Going from my dad's phone to mine, the invitation has always worked.

Feb 2, 2022 2:02 PM in response to singinggal

for the past three weeks now I have had approx 4 calls a week to Apple about this pending invite - I get told someone will be taking over my case and then nothing happens. They downloaded profiles to my phone and watch, and to my dads phone and watch and uploaded the information they needed to send to the diagnostic team and still, when they ring, we have to go through the same steps despite me having done them 5/6 times now. I’ve never beeb as frustrated.

sharing health data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.