Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Watch is asking me to type my PW for My Apple ID in “Settings”. I have never seen this before. Is it legitimate? If so, how do I type on that itty bitty screen my long PW without making repeated typos resulting in my PW being voided?

My Apple Watch is asking me to type my PW for My Apple ID in “Settings”. I have never seen this before. Is it legitimate? If so, how do I type on that itty bitty screen my long PW without making repeated typos resulting in my PW being voided?

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 5:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 8:10 AM

Hey there, and welcome to Apple Support Communities, BossGoss.

We see that you have some questions about your Apple Watch prompting for a password. You should be able to go into the Watch app on your iPhone and enter that password.

If that doesn't work, let us know where in Settings it's asking you to enter the password.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2021 8:10 AM in response to BossGoss

Hey there, and welcome to Apple Support Communities, BossGoss.

We see that you have some questions about your Apple Watch prompting for a password. You should be able to go into the Watch app on your iPhone and enter that password.

If that doesn't work, let us know where in Settings it's asking you to enter the password.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Nov 23, 2021 7:14 PM in response to ryane77

ryane77, thank you. Your response gave me courage that the request was likely legitamate and I soldiered on. Eventually, I found a place in Apple Watch app to enter my Apple ID PW. But the whole process was confusing. The watch was asking for me to enter the pw on the watch's tiny little draw-on screen. The wording of the demand looked phony to me as I have had Apple Watch for several years and never been asked to enter the sacred PW for my Apple ID directly on my watch before.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.