Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monterey Update iMac19,1: MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE

Hi everyone!

I've been trying for days to install Monterey on my 2019 iMac 5K. The SSD is the original. 500Gb. I had BigSur and had the unfortunate idea to do a clean Monterey install. Now, I can't install anything higher than Mojave (10.14.6). I have tried to do it in safe mode, in recovery mode, in recovery mode with the latest version available (Monterey) with no result. I even went into diagnostic mode and my hardware has no RAM or SSD problems. I copy the moment when the installer stops abruptly.

Nov 20 13:25:00 iMac osinstallersetupd[1727]: Finished extracting: succeeded

Nov 20 13:25:00 iMac osinstallersetupd[1727]: Syncing extracted data to disk

Nov 20 13:25:00 iMac osinstallersetupd[1727]: Could not verify trust (5) using MobileSoftwareUpdate policy. Will try basic X509.

Nov 20 13:25:10 iMac osinstallersetupd[1727]: **** /macOS Install Data/UpdateBundle/AssetData/./payloadv2/payload.009 != ./payloadv2/payload.009 ****

Nov 20 13:25:10 iMac osinstallersetupd[1727]: Operation queue failed with error: Error Domain=com.apple.OSInstallerSetup.error Code=1004 "An error occurred loading the update." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred loading the update.}

Nov 20 13:25:10 iMac InstallAssistant[1724]: Stopped operation queue with Error Domain=com.apple.OSInstallerSetup.error Code=1004 "An error occurred loading the update." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred loading the update.}

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 10:51 AM

Have you tried creating a bootable flash stick installer, booting into it and installing?

How to create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support (IN)

If it doesn't work overwriting the system currently on the drive you may have to erase and reformat the drive via the installer and reover your data from the latest Time Machine backup.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2021 10:51 AM in response to cattus1971

Have you tried creating a bootable flash stick installer, booting into it and installing?

How to create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support (IN)

If it doesn't work overwriting the system currently on the drive you may have to erase and reformat the drive via the installer and reover your data from the latest Time Machine backup.

Monterey Update iMac19,1: MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.