Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Monterey installation impossible

Installation fails sytematically on MBP 2019.

Throwing the install file to the trash and downloading again does not help (using Ethernet cable).

I'm using a MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) with mac OS BIG SUR 11.6.5 installed (french version).

SMC, PRAM, all were reset.

I restarted a download not from system preferences but rather from website of my country but again, it fails with message that "an error occurred during loading of the update..." (53 minutes left). Thus each time an install is attempted it fails rather quickly not exactly with the same message , i.e. the error (failure) repeats in several variants not always in the same order.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.6

Posted on May 3, 2022 2:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2022 3:46 AM

EDITED

Download the Full Version of Monterey and stop there.

Restart in Safe Mode and attempt the installation.

Software on the computer interfering with the download process including AntiVirus Software

Notation: Disabling the AV Software may or may not solve the issue. Removal of the AV Software may increase the chances of the download to perform as expected.

Running behind a VPN which may increase Packet losses or corruption of the download 

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2022 3:46 AM in response to marsupi96

EDITED

Download the Full Version of Monterey and stop there.

Restart in Safe Mode and attempt the installation.

Software on the computer interfering with the download process including AntiVirus Software

Notation: Disabling the AV Software may or may not solve the issue. Removal of the AV Software may increase the chances of the download to perform as expected.

Running behind a VPN which may increase Packet losses or corruption of the download 

May 3, 2022 3:18 AM in response to marsupi96

Whenever I run into update problems I download the full installer app either from the App Store or using the Terminal.

softwareupdate --fetch-full-installer --full-installer-version 12.3.1

If double clicking the Installer app fails I either create a bootable installer:

How to create a bootable installer for macOS – Apple Support (UK)

Or

Run the installer app in safe mode.

Start up your Mac in safe mode – Apple Support (UK)

May 3, 2022 8:12 AM in response to marsupi96

Any Third Party Applications that will interfere with the normal operation of the OS, alter, modify, remove or delete or attempt to do so is an invitation for disaster and may require a Reinstallation of the OS in-order to replace any modified, altered, removed or corrupted elements of the OS this software has inflected on this computer 

Although some or all of these Applications maybe available on the Apple Apps Store, it does not mean Apple has verified what exactly the Application can do, does do or is doing to the Computer. That responsibility is left to the User to perform their due diligence on the Application before purchasing and installing it.

Any of the below should be removed as per Developers Instructions 

This includes AntiVirus, Disk Cleaners, Disk Optimizes, UnInstaller etc.

The TuneUp.app would fall into the Category IMHO

Interesting it also showing under Installations de logiciels (60 derniers jours):  ( Installations in the last 60 Days )

2022-05-03 macOS Monterey (12.3.1)

MacOS Monterey installation impossible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.