Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 notifications not working with Apple watch

Hi.

since having my Apple Watch, most the time I don’t get any noise from my iPhone12 when I get a msg, Snapchat, messenger, ph call etc,

sometimes it will make a noise and ring, but most the time it don’t,

all my settings for calls and notifications are switched on,

the puzzling thing is, it does it most the time, not all the time, I don’t mess with settings, maybe 15% the time I get a noise from the ph, the rest it don’t vibrate or anything, however my watch does, when my watch is off, ph works flawlessly!!

it’s not real good value for money when the ph is just on $2000 and the watch was $1400

feeling extremely ripped off!!

is anyone else experiencing these issues and how do I fix it??

cheers

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 6:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 7:44 PM

Notifications go to either your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both. If your iPhone is unlocked, you'll get notifications on your iPhone instead of your Apple Watch. If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you'll get notifications on your Apple Watch, unless your Apple Watch is locked with your passcode. For more info, see:

Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 20, 2021 7:44 PM in response to Kremshb

Notifications go to either your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both. If your iPhone is unlocked, you'll get notifications on your iPhone instead of your Apple Watch. If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you'll get notifications on your Apple Watch, unless your Apple Watch is locked with your passcode. For more info, see:

Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Dec 15, 2021 6:26 AM in response to Kremshb

I think this is a design flaw. I should have the option of having notifications sent to both my watch and my phone. There have been numerous times where I’ve not seen important texts because they only go to my watch and not my phone too, which is in my pocket and I would either hear the notification or feel the phone vibrate. And this is with my vibrate and sound set to the max on my watch.

iPhone 12 notifications not working with Apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.