You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I clear space on my MacBook Pro? I have a whole lot of "other" files taking up space!

I have no idea what those other files include. I do know that I don't have much space on my laptop, so it is very precious to me! I've heard that downloading and using any cleaning software can be harmful, so I'm not 100% wanting to trust anything like that. I just want to know what the "other" storage is on my laptop and how to delete files that may be hogging space! I'm not too tech savvy so any help would be very much appreciated! Thank you so much in advance! :)

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 10:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 12:39 AM

Here is an earlier discussion that may be helpful.

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250002781

1 reply

How do I clear space on my MacBook Pro? I have a whole lot of "other" files taking up space!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.