Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook M1 18,3 with closed lid: TouchID not working on Magic Keyboard.

As in the title. Apple states that the Magic keyboard works with Apple Silicon, and does not mention it doesn't work this way. Quite annoying as this is the reason I bought that keyboard.

MacBook

Posted on Nov 20, 2021 11:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 12:39 AM

I mentioned twice that I have a setup with Apple Silicon. Also, you should realize that an M1 18,3 comes with Monterey, and doesn't even work with older OS versions.

So this is a little disappointing as an answer, you know. Maybe you did not have your morning coffee yet…

The smilie icon is fun though, so Mr. Solo, thanks anyway for your reply.

In the mean time, I was able to solve this myself, apparantly the MacBook was glitching, and after a system restart it worked as expected. So case closed.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2021 12:39 AM in response to TechSolo

I mentioned twice that I have a setup with Apple Silicon. Also, you should realize that an M1 18,3 comes with Monterey, and doesn't even work with older OS versions.

So this is a little disappointing as an answer, you know. Maybe you did not have your morning coffee yet…

The smilie icon is fun though, so Mr. Solo, thanks anyway for your reply.

In the mean time, I was able to solve this myself, apparantly the MacBook was glitching, and after a system restart it worked as expected. So case closed.

MacBook M1 18,3 with closed lid: TouchID not working on Magic Keyboard.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.