Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MPB M1 MAX (Monterey 12.0.1). Wi-Fi/Internet access issue until reboot

Hi,

Sometimes (one time per 2-4 days) after going back from sleep mbp looses ability to connect to the internet. Wifi is active, but pages don't load. No matter what wifi network I'm using (tried with 2 different networks and with iphone as an access point). Ping/traceroute command doesn't work. But I'm able to connect to my router's admin panel. I suppose there is an issue with DNS. I've tried several options like setting different DNS in Network settings (empty, 8888, 4444, 1111, 8844). I've tried to ifconfig en0 down && ifconfig en0 up, router reboot, on/off wifi, network diagnostics etc.

Only mbp reboot helps to fix this bug.

Other devises in network connect perfectly well, so I suppose it is an issue with mbp or/and macos Monterey (12.0.1)

Thanks in advance

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 2:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 2:07 AM

It sounds like you have some concerns with your MacBook's internet disconnecting.

Check out this resource to go though Wireless Diagnostics, as this can help check for any obvious issues: If your Mac doesn't connect to the Internet over Wi-Fi - Apple Support

Also be sure that there isn't any potential interference that could be affecting the connection:  Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support.

As another step, resetting the SMC to see if it resolves the issue: How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2021 2:07 AM in response to DoctorEXE

It sounds like you have some concerns with your MacBook's internet disconnecting.

Check out this resource to go though Wireless Diagnostics, as this can help check for any obvious issues: If your Mac doesn't connect to the Internet over Wi-Fi - Apple Support

Also be sure that there isn't any potential interference that could be affecting the connection:  Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support.

As another step, resetting the SMC to see if it resolves the issue: How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support.

MPB M1 MAX (Monterey 12.0.1). Wi-Fi/Internet access issue until reboot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.