📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Intelligence comes to iPhone, iPad, and Mac starting next month. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Plus. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple debuts iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text app freezing

Hi, since last Sunday (it’s been a week now) my text app would intermittently freeze. I can click on it but then I can’t click on any thread that I have. To try to fix it I would close out the app completely, open up the app again still same thing, I do the same step the screen would be black, try again the app is still unresponsive. I have found that by restarting my phone is the only fix but it happens again eventually and intermittently. Please help, do I need Genius Bar for this? It’s highly annoying especially if I’m on the phone with someone which is most of the time.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 9:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 8:17 AM

Hi krisb0814,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. As we understand it, the Messages app on your iPhone is unresponsive and that you've been able to temporarily clear up the issue by restarting, but it persists after a while. Is that right? We'd like to help out.

Is only the Messages app affected?

Also, which exact iOS version are you using under Settings > General > About?

If you haven't already, check out the suggestions in this link About iOS performance on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. They cover a few possibilities in addition to the steps you've tried already.

Let us know how it goes.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 22, 2021 8:17 AM in response to krisb0814

Hi krisb0814,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. As we understand it, the Messages app on your iPhone is unresponsive and that you've been able to temporarily clear up the issue by restarting, but it persists after a while. Is that right? We'd like to help out.

Is only the Messages app affected?

Also, which exact iOS version are you using under Settings > General > About?

If you haven't already, check out the suggestions in this link About iOS performance on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. They cover a few possibilities in addition to the steps you've tried already.

Let us know how it goes.

Take care.

Text app freezing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.