Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple page in OS - can the icon for audio files be changed? Can the icon size be changed?

I have imported an IBA file over to pages. The audio icon looks disproportionately huge. Can it be reduced?

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 2:14 PM

Hello,

thanks for the reply. I did not see an obvious way to change the audio icon size before I posed the question either, but I thought that more cleaver folks could provide a more helpful approach.

Luckily I dug a bit further by exporting the pages file to EPUB. The audio icon looked more reasonably sized along side the other assets (text and images) though not quite in the position I had set in pages. Puzzling. So I took a look at the pages file and found that the audio icon does not change in size as you zoomed in or out, while all the other assets (text, images, etc) did.

To correctly position the audio icon, you must view the file in actual size while in pages. When viewing zoomed in or out from actual size, ignore the position and size of the audio icon. The audio icon size we are stuck with looks reasonable along side the text, etc across devices once in EPUB.

I hope this helps folks publishing feature rich ebooks in Books.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2021 2:14 PM in response to VikingOSX

Hello,

thanks for the reply. I did not see an obvious way to change the audio icon size before I posed the question either, but I thought that more cleaver folks could provide a more helpful approach.

Luckily I dug a bit further by exporting the pages file to EPUB. The audio icon looked more reasonably sized along side the other assets (text and images) though not quite in the position I had set in pages. Puzzling. So I took a look at the pages file and found that the audio icon does not change in size as you zoomed in or out, while all the other assets (text, images, etc) did.

To correctly position the audio icon, you must view the file in actual size while in pages. When viewing zoomed in or out from actual size, ignore the position and size of the audio icon. The audio icon size we are stuck with looks reasonable along side the text, etc across devices once in EPUB.

I hope this helps folks publishing feature rich ebooks in Books.

apple page in OS - can the icon for audio files be changed? Can the icon size be changed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.