Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete Apple Maps on iMac?

I have an iMac desktop. I will never need Apple Maps on it, yet it is installed. Why is it so important that I can't delete it?

iMac 27″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 6:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2021 10:23 PM

There are other apps included in the OS - if you do not need them, ignore them - I do. There is no user access to the OS for security reasons, the OS and all system files are now sequestered in a read-only inaccessible volume.

If you wish to tell Apple not to include an app, you can make a suggestion here:

www.apple.com/feedback

An additional idea would be to return the Mac and buy a computer with a different platform. Maybe their OS does not have trivial apps included.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2021 10:23 PM in response to Audionickb

There are other apps included in the OS - if you do not need them, ignore them - I do. There is no user access to the OS for security reasons, the OS and all system files are now sequestered in a read-only inaccessible volume.

If you wish to tell Apple not to include an app, you can make a suggestion here:

www.apple.com/feedback

An additional idea would be to return the Mac and buy a computer with a different platform. Maybe their OS does not have trivial apps included.

Nov 21, 2021 7:33 PM in response to Audionickb

Apps take up comparatively very little space. There are apps that are installed as part of the OS and cannot be removed.

If you are that short on space, you need to consider that you should be needing a larger hard drive. Please remember that you need to have an absolute minimum of 15 - 20 GB of empty space at all times for the OS to function properly. If you fill it up completely, it will stop functioning.

Delete Apple Maps on iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.