Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The computer is already associated with an Apple ID

I recently bought a 2017 iMac and added to my Apple Music, logged in ok, but whey I try to play certain songs on my playlist I get the The computer is already associated with an Apple ID message. I never get this message with my other phones, iPads, Windows PC. Is it because some of these are purchased songs I have on my playlist mixed with tunes I added from Apple Music, all in my icloud libary? I have always had the same itunes/Music user id for my computer, but now I am getting this error for certain songs. The only way I can play then is opening the shared library of another computer that has itunes or Apple Music open.

I am not transferring any other itunes/Music Apple ID's so I don't quite see what the problem is. Upgradd from a 2013 iMac to a 2017. so I can get past Catalina to Big Sur., and this is the problem I am getting.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 10:11 AM

See Authorization vs. association - Apple Community for additional background.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies

The computer is already associated with an Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.