Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Apple Music app does not allow purchase of music

I have the latest MacOS (11.6). I have a new M1 iMac. I've rebooted it, checked the Music App and it is up to date. I've also signed out and in on to my Apple account in the App. There is simply is no way to purchase music through this app. It only allows subscribing to Apple Music.

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 9:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 4:18 PM

here is simply is no way to purchase music through this app. It only allows subscribing to Apple Music.

Paul - That is not correct. However, the design unfortunately makes it easy to land in the Apple Music streaming catalog instead of in the iTunes Store. Follow the steps in here carefully:

Buy music from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 22, 2021 4:18 PM in response to paulfromcoon rapids

here is simply is no way to purchase music through this app. It only allows subscribing to Apple Music.

Paul - That is not correct. However, the design unfortunately makes it easy to land in the Apple Music streaming catalog instead of in the iTunes Store. Follow the steps in here carefully:

Buy music from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Mac Apple Music app does not allow purchase of music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.