Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error in my root keychain on root certificate DST Root CA X3

Hello, the error says that my certificate is expired. How do I remedy this? Also, I am currently running macOS Monterey, if that Information helps. Thank you for your help with this.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 22, 2021 5:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 1:28 PM

The DST Root CA X3 is from Digital Signature Trust Co. and it is a root certificate included in Windows, macOS, etc. It was also used by letsencrypt.com a popular free TLS certificate provider. As a result many websites had to rotate certificates built upon this root certificate.

I would need more information about what certificate you are using based off this DST Root CA X3 certificate. If it's a website then the person that manages the site needs to rotate the TLS certificate with letsencrypt.com or if it's an application, etc. then you might need to install an update, etc.

Here's the expired certificate in my keychain:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2021 1:28 PM in response to truthseeker80

The DST Root CA X3 is from Digital Signature Trust Co. and it is a root certificate included in Windows, macOS, etc. It was also used by letsencrypt.com a popular free TLS certificate provider. As a result many websites had to rotate certificates built upon this root certificate.

I would need more information about what certificate you are using based off this DST Root CA X3 certificate. If it's a website then the person that manages the site needs to rotate the TLS certificate with letsencrypt.com or if it's an application, etc. then you might need to install an update, etc.

Here's the expired certificate in my keychain:

Error in my root keychain on root certificate DST Root CA X3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.