Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod Siri will no longer turn room lights on when in the same room. Just stopped working.

We had a new boiler installed and the old Zone is still there but not available as it’s through Hive, this is the only thing that’s changed in our house.

Now when I’m in a room with a HomePod, I say “hey Siri, turn the lights off” I get the response: “Sorry, I couldn’t find anything like that in your bedroom in your Home”

Its so frustrating, I’ve reset the router, the IKEA bridge, tried renaming rooms, devices, homepods have all been reset.

I can still turn on individual devices, but the habit of saying “turn the lights on” has been built, surely Apple haven’t removed that feature, if so, the documentation needs updating.

HomePod mini, 15

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 1:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 7:33 PM

Hi TheMagicianUK,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

We understand that your HomeKit accessories are not able to be controlled by Siri since you changed the thermostat. You were able to review Control your home with Siri. Since all HomePods have been reset, try removing the newly added device from your setup and test Siri commands. If this behavior is resolved, check with thermostat manufacture to see if there are any updates or compatibility issues.

If this doesn't continue, add the thermostat back to HomeKit, but add to a different room or zone. Add a HomeKit accessory to the Home app

Regards.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 23, 2021 7:33 PM in response to TheMagicianUK

Hi TheMagicianUK,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

We understand that your HomeKit accessories are not able to be controlled by Siri since you changed the thermostat. You were able to review Control your home with Siri. Since all HomePods have been reset, try removing the newly added device from your setup and test Siri commands. If this behavior is resolved, check with thermostat manufacture to see if there are any updates or compatibility issues.

If this doesn't continue, add the thermostat back to HomeKit, but add to a different room or zone. Add a HomeKit accessory to the Home app

Regards.

Dec 7, 2021 3:41 PM in response to ASTRO24

Thanks for the reply Leo.

The actual problem was that if you have a new boiler system (from a water tank to combi boiler) and the hive is updated, Hive need to remove that device from their side, so you’ll need to contact them via the app (once you’ve got passed the voice-bot). Until it’s removed, you’ll have errors when you ask HomePod such as “there are 24 Apple TV’s connected”… there are 24 lights and devices. (Back to normal since removing the original Hive zone in the app)

It seems like it’s a very edge case bug in the Apple eco-system, caused by Hive, but thought I’d post the solution here in case anyone else has the issue.

HomePod Siri will no longer turn room lights on when in the same room. Just stopped working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.