Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't load photos and videos since installing ios 15.1

I have an iPhone 11 pro max and ever since I installed ios 15.1, I can't load any photos or videos that I took before installing the update. There's a little exclamation point with a circle in the bottom right corner of all photos and videos. Videos won't play back and I get a message saying "Unable to Load Video. An error occurred while loading a higher quality version of this video." I can't view the live versions of photos, and if I try to share a photo it says "Unable to Share. There was an error while preparing to share."

I've tried turning the phone off and on. I tried turning off "Optimize iPhone Storage" in Settings, and turned on "Download and Keep Originals." I have my phone set to automatically upload photos to iCloud, but when I logged into iCloud there are a lot of recent photos missing.

All the photos and videos I've taken after installing 15.1 are working fine.

Has anyone else had this problem and how do I fix it?

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 6:34 AM

I had the same problem as you, tried everything I could find online on how to fix it. Even PDFs in my file folder would not load.

Not sure if you’re in the same boat, but all I had to do in the end was agree to the iCloud terms and conditions in the Settings app and all was fixed.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2021 6:34 AM in response to svo1111

I had the same problem as you, tried everything I could find online on how to fix it. Even PDFs in my file folder would not load.

Not sure if you’re in the same boat, but all I had to do in the end was agree to the iCloud terms and conditions in the Settings app and all was fixed.

Can't load photos and videos since installing ios 15.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.