Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iMac - Kindle App - 'blue book problem'

Hi all. I have a new model iMac running Big Sur 11.6.1.

I've had it 6 months and only just tried opening the Kindle app for Mac. It registers how many books I have correctly, but half of them are unreadable. Instead of seeing the book cover and being able to open it to read, each file just has a blank blue cover, and when I click on it the file is empty (it shows itself as being at the start position for the file)

I've checked with the Kindle cloud reader in my browser and all my books show up fine, so this seems to be a specific issue with the app. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app. No difference.

Anyone have any ideas? (I've tried posting this on Amazon too)

thanks

iMac 24″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 23, 2021 9:34 AM

I would recommend first just doing a simple restart in Safe Mode and then restart normally and retest. Instructions are in Safe Mode Reset.

If the Safe Mode Restart does not solve the problem, then uninstall the Kindle App and empty the Trash. Then download the app again, install and login and see if that helps.

Similar questions

2 replies

Nov 26, 2021 3:40 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Thanks. I tried all that but no joy. On the other hand I have a new clue. In the Kindle app I switched from tile view to list view of all my books, and there it shows you which ones are downloaded and which are in the cloud. It seems it's all the downloaded books which are causing the problem. I'm also in contact now with someone from Amazon to try and sort it out. I'll update this if and when I get a solution.

New iMac - Kindle App - 'blue book problem'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.