Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kindle App not working on Catalina

I just got a new Mac and my Kindle no longer works on it, even though I downloaded it again from Amazon and App Store - my books don't open. Any ideas how I can fix it?

Meanwhile, I am using the Kindle Cloud Reader as an alternative - but it would be nice to be able to use the Kindle App again. Thanks!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 5:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2020 12:11 PM

Hi Frazz737,

I got an answer from the MobileRead platform you recommended (see below) and it solved my problem - yeah! Thanks again for sharing this platform with me!

"Try deleting Kindle app then also: 

Users > Home > Library > Application Support > Kindle folder

Users > Home > Library > Containers > com.amazon.Kindle folder

Then reinstall Kindle app. See if that works." and it did! :-)

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2020 12:11 PM in response to frazzm737

Hi Frazz737,

I got an answer from the MobileRead platform you recommended (see below) and it solved my problem - yeah! Thanks again for sharing this platform with me!

"Try deleting Kindle app then also: 

Users > Home > Library > Application Support > Kindle folder

Users > Home > Library > Containers > com.amazon.Kindle folder

Then reinstall Kindle app. See if that works." and it did! :-)

Jun 16, 2020 5:05 AM in response to Dinette

Hey there Dinette,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand you’re having issues using the Kindle app on your Mac. I’ll be happy to help with this.

If you’re having issues opening the app, you’ll want to follow the steps here:

If you can’t open an app on Mac

If this only happened after updating, take a look at this link for info on why this may be happening:

If an app won't run or install on your Mac after you upgrade macOS

You may also find some helpful steps here:

If an app freezes or quits unexpectedly on Mac

Take care.

Jun 17, 2020 11:22 AM in response to ryane77

Hi Ryane77,

Thanks so much for your answer. Unfortunately, none of the link shared solve my problem.

The App opens just fine, does not freeze, it installs and runs, etc.. The problem is that none of my eBooks show up on it properly.. i.e. I see all my books but none of them open... So at the moment I can only read them on my iPhone or the Kindle Cloud solution, but not on my brand new Mac... which is very frustrating.

From what I read on other Forums, other users have been having the same issue with the Catalina operating system... Some were able to solve it by downloading the Kindle app anew - but in my case, this has not solved the issue...

Any additional thoughts on that?

Thanks again!

Kindle App not working on Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.