Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music on alarm is not playing

I tried to include in Apple Music into the alarm but then too after the alarm plays the phone still only vibrates, I don’t know what is the reason, when I tried to include the inbuilt tone, The alarm plays fine, But when I insert Apple Music into the alarm the phone does not play the alarm

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 24, 2021 11:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 12:27 PM

Hi meghu256,

We appreciate you confirming those details! Does the same issue happen with any other songs you try? If so, is it possible that the Ring/Silent switch on the iPhone has been mistakenly set to Silent? Here's how to check:

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker

If the switch is set to Ring, let's also check Settings > Sounds & Haptics > Ringer and Alerts, and make sure this volume level isn't all the way down.

Take care.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2021 12:27 PM in response to meghu256

Hi meghu256,

We appreciate you confirming those details! Does the same issue happen with any other songs you try? If so, is it possible that the Ring/Silent switch on the iPhone has been mistakenly set to Silent? Here's how to check:

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker

If the switch is set to Ring, let's also check Settings > Sounds & Haptics > Ringer and Alerts, and make sure this volume level isn't all the way down.

Take care.

Nov 25, 2021 10:32 AM in response to meghu256

Hi meghu256,

Thanks for reaching out to us here in Apple Support Communities! We understand you have some questions about using a song for an alarm sound, and we can help. When selecting a song, it must be downloaded directly to the iPhone before it can be used with the alarm. This is because the alarm is unable to access songs that are streamed over the internet. Once the song is downloaded, you should be able to use it without issue using the steps below.

Set an alarm on iPhone

If you have any other questions, please let us know!

All the best.

Apple Music on alarm is not playing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.