Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod stereo pair will not sync volume

Two HomePods stereo paired and using apple 4K tv. Inevitably, for over a year I’ve had this problem, lose sync with VOLUME only. For example, after a fresh restart and update to the max of all the equipment in question, everything works for a few days and then suddenly, turn on the tv and attempt to control the volume. ONE speaker obeys my commands, one does not. The disobedient speaker is not mute, just not responsive. Sometimes it gets locked at a low volume and sometimes high. So it’s infuriating when you need to turn the show down but one speaker is locked at 70%. Alternatively, when wanting the full impact of two HomePods, one is defunct and playing at 20%.

I have heard rumor it’s a WiFi issue. How I am supposed to fix that I have no idea. I’m pretty sure it’s a software issue.

of Note, both speakers work perfectly when not linked together. Separately all is well.

how is this bug not fixed yet?? I saw at least 30 others in a similar thread from 2020 had this issue. It’s almost 2022 let’s be done with this mess. Please help.

HomePod, 15

Posted on Nov 24, 2021 8:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2021 8:57 PM

Yes it can be wifi, it can be the Apple ID it’s signed into. Check both are signed into the same ID.

• Sign out and sign back in if you have to.
  • Reboot the wifi to clear the lines.
  • Restart the Apple TV
  • Restart the iPhone if that’s the device you use to set the homepods up with or whatever device that was.

If these are the OG HomePods they are not performing as well as when I first got them . After every software update I have to reset them and set them up again . One by one. They’ve been discontinued now and the focus is on the HomePod mini.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2021 8:57 PM in response to Comishsan

Yes it can be wifi, it can be the Apple ID it’s signed into. Check both are signed into the same ID.

• Sign out and sign back in if you have to.
  • Reboot the wifi to clear the lines.
  • Restart the Apple TV
  • Restart the iPhone if that’s the device you use to set the homepods up with or whatever device that was.

If these are the OG HomePods they are not performing as well as when I first got them . After every software update I have to reset them and set them up again . One by one. They’ve been discontinued now and the focus is on the HomePod mini.

HomePod stereo pair will not sync volume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.