Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monterey Music app stops playing tracks after 10 seconds - solution?

Yesterday Music app suddenly stopped playing tracks after 10 seconds - every track I played simply ended 10 seconds into the song.

The problem extends to all tracks: Apple Music, iTunes Store purchases and uploads from CDs. I've signed in and out of Apple Music, toggled Dolby Atmos, restarted the computer, all the usual things.

I'm running a 2021 M1 iMac running Monterey 12.0.1 and Music app 1.2.0.273.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is or, better still, how to solve it?

iMac 24″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 2:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 6:48 AM

OK, I've solved this myself - somehow the iMac had de-authorised itself. I re-authorised, quit, and reopen the app, and we're back to normal.

Worth checking authorisations if anyone else has a similar problem.

3 replies

Monterey Music app stops playing tracks after 10 seconds - solution?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.