Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No audio when prev/ next frame tabbing?

Dear Community,

I recently upgraded to FCP 10.6.1. System macOS Monterey.

I like to edit with audio skimming off. I used to be able to tab left and right on my keyboard within a timeline and get sound. For example, when looking for the first frame of a beat in a music track.

When I do this now, there is no sound? Any ideas why this would suddenly stop?

I have tried everything. Hope you can help.

Many thanks,

ejhbarratt

iMac Pro

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 7:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 8:59 AM

The way it works now is that this sound is only heard if audio skimming is turned on.

Some people like this change, others don't.

I personally like it, as I rarely want to hear that when going frame by frame. In the past I had to mute the whole sound of my computer just to avoid this.

At the moment, you have to Shift-S to turn audio skimming on, adjust, Shift-S to turn it off.

Ideally, there should be a user selectable preference.

All any of us users can do is make our voices heard via feedback: Final Cut Pro->Provide Final Cut Pro Feedback...

(Edit: the shortcut is Shift-S and not Control-S as I had written before)

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2021 8:59 AM in response to ejhbarratt

The way it works now is that this sound is only heard if audio skimming is turned on.

Some people like this change, others don't.

I personally like it, as I rarely want to hear that when going frame by frame. In the past I had to mute the whole sound of my computer just to avoid this.

At the moment, you have to Shift-S to turn audio skimming on, adjust, Shift-S to turn it off.

Ideally, there should be a user selectable preference.

All any of us users can do is make our voices heard via feedback: Final Cut Pro->Provide Final Cut Pro Feedback...

(Edit: the shortcut is Shift-S and not Control-S as I had written before)

No audio when prev/ next frame tabbing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.