Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut: No Audio in 2x Playback?

Hey! I save a lot of editing time by playing my timeline at 2x speed (tapping L twice), but all of a sudden, my timeline no longer plays audio at 2x. WHAT!? How do I get my 2x audio back!?

Things to note:

• I've already tried closing and re-opening the library, the application, other applications, and I restarted my computer to no avail.
  • I tried removing titles and checked all the audio roles.
  • It doesn't work in Optimized or Proxy.
  • I've turned audio skimming off and on again—that doesn't do it.
  • The audio does playback in double-time in the event browser, but in the timeline, I only get a little blip at the beginning of each new edit. That's it.
  • Other projects and libraries are having the same issue.
  • I don't know the cause. It literally JUST stopped. I can't seem to find a feature or option to toggle this on/off. Please help!

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 7:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 7:59 PM

I've traced the problem back to my audio interface, which is a Focusrite Scarlett 8i6. When I use the computer speakers, audio playback happens just fine at 2x. I went into the Focusrite preferences, changed the sample rate from 48 to 44.1, and…it works again. Not sure why it happened in the first place, but here we are! Oh well!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2022 7:59 PM in response to MidnightNotion

I've traced the problem back to my audio interface, which is a Focusrite Scarlett 8i6. When I use the computer speakers, audio playback happens just fine at 2x. I went into the Focusrite preferences, changed the sample rate from 48 to 44.1, and…it works again. Not sure why it happened in the first place, but here we are! Oh well!

Final Cut: No Audio in 2x Playback?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.