Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I update my iPad Air 2 to iOS 15, will I be able to see on my MacBook os 10.13.6 and iTunes 12.8.3.1?

My iPad Air 2 is running iOS 12.1. iTunes (12.8.3.1) on my MacBook Pro (OS 10.13.6) wants to update the software on the iPad to iOS 15. I am worried that iTunes on the computer will not be able to see the iPad if I update to iOS 15. I would like to update it to iOS 13, but I can't find it to download.

I understand that I could fix everything by updating everything... but I have Filemaker Pro 15 running on my computer as well as iMovie 11(for chapters) and I don't think any of that will work if I update my computer's OS.

This is when I hate technology... unless someone knows if iTunes (12.8.3.1) will be able to see iPad (iOS 15) or you can tell me where to find iOS 13 which works for my phone (original SE).

Thanks for your help!!!

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 2:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 8:20 AM

Yes, you should be able to see the iPad on iTunes on macOS 10.13.6. iTunes may request a small update to itself, not the OS though to access the iPad.

You cannot update to an intermediate version of iOS however. Its iOS 15 or nothing.

Similar questions

1 reply

If I update my iPad Air 2 to iOS 15, will I be able to see on my MacBook os 10.13.6 and iTunes 12.8.3.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.