Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monterey Bluetooth issue

With the latest update, both mouse and keyboard loose bluetooth connection when computer comes out of sleep mode. I noticed this occurrence with an update of a previous version (Catalina, I think), which was solved with a subsequent update.

Only resolution is to turn computer off at the button and restart - very frustrating and inconvenient. Get your act together Apple!!

Posted on Nov 25, 2021 3:41 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Dec 2, 2021 10:54 AM in response to Drewper46

I too have this problem… it just started happening this week. It’s with both Magic Mouse and magic keyboard. Other sources MacWorld, 9To5 Mac, etc. have articles about this in November.

They give a couple of other options other than the typical, unpair, restart, interface, etc.: It’s resetting the Mac’s Bluetooth module.

”Reset your Mac’s Bluetooth module

Keep in mind this will disconnect all of your Bluetooth accessories including your mouse/keyboard. Make sure you have a wired keyboard/mouse for Mac desktops.

In macOS Monterey

If you’re still having trouble with Bluetooth issues, you can reset your Mac’s Bluetooth Module:

The option + shift + click on the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar (detailed below) doesn’t show a Bluetooth reset option in Monterey so you’ll need to run a Terminal command.

• Open Terminal
  • Type in the command “sudo pkill bluetoothd”
  • Press return, then enter your password in asked
  • Reset your Mac“

Monterey Bluetooth issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.