Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you apply a template background to multiple pages in Mac Pages?

I'm using an M1 Mac and Pages 11.2. I have created a simple presentation template that I want repeated on ALL of my pages. When I pick the template in the template viewer and paste in multiple pages of text, the addition pages are missing the template background. This should be easy and it was in previous versions but something has changed. All the tutorials say "Choose Arrange > Section Masters > Move Object to Section Master." I have reviewed a dozen videos as well as the Apple support pages and I can't find any mention of this. See my screen capture but is no menu item for Section Masters now, only Section Layouts. Does anyone know how to repeat the template over multiple pages in Pages 11.2 on an M1 Mac?

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 8:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 11:13 PM

Have you tried the "Move object to section Layout" menu item shown in your screen shot?

This may work if your document is a Word Processing document, but likely will not if your document is a Page Layout document.

The quickest way to determine which type of document it is is to open the Document Inspector, and look for a checkbox with "Document Body" written to it's right. If the box is checked, your document is a word processing document. if it is unchecked, your document is a Page layout document, and every page is a separate section.

Regards,

Barry

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2021 11:13 PM in response to DigitalDuck

Have you tried the "Move object to section Layout" menu item shown in your screen shot?

This may work if your document is a Word Processing document, but likely will not if your document is a Page Layout document.

The quickest way to determine which type of document it is is to open the Document Inspector, and look for a checkbox with "Document Body" written to it's right. If the box is checked, your document is a word processing document. if it is unchecked, your document is a Page layout document, and every page is a separate section.

Regards,

Barry

Nov 27, 2021 6:10 AM in response to Barry

Thanks Barry! Turns out that the solution was to use the "Move Objects To Section Layout" as opposed to Move Objects To Section Master which must not exist now. The problem was that when I tried that the first time, it didn't seem to work for me. It took me many attempts and I'm still not sure what the exact process is but it certainly wasn't intuitive. I did play with the DOCUMENT BODY click box as we as FILE - CONVERT TO PAGE LAYOUT. I was successful in the end but I still don't think I understand the process or reasoning. Thank you for your clues and the note about the checkbox. I really appreciate that you took time to help me.

How do you apply a template background to multiple pages in Mac Pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.