Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The apple tv (2nd gen I think)

message during set-up: server isn't available at this time

why can't the apple tv connect to the server?

Apple TV (2nd gen)

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 9:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 8:24 PM

Thanks Eric, at 12:30 in the morning I heard voices coming from downstairs. When I came down the tv had come on. I guess it took all night for the Apple TV to connect. In less than one minute I finished the set up. All is good now. Thank you again for your help.

2 replies

Nov 27, 2021 5:44 PM in response to billrcole

Hi billrcole,

We understand you're unable to finish setting up an Apple TV. We're happy to offer some guidance.

If you're getting an error during the setup, you'll want to simply unplug the Apple TV and plug it back in again to restart, then attempt the setup again.

If you're getting a message that the server is unavailable, this usually has to do with an internet connection issue. Try restarting your Wi-Fi router, or connect your Apple TV to a different Wi-Fi network if possible.

Set up your Apple TV

If you're still unable to finish getting through the setup, we'd recommend contacting Apple for assistance: Get Support

Hope this helps. Cheers!

The apple tv (2nd gen I think)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.