Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a solution for Apple Pay on M1 Mac just hanging?

Does anyone have a solution for Apple Pay just hanging on the fingerprint stage when using it on macOS 12.0.1 (Monterey) in Safari 15.1 with a new 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max?

The details:

• By hanging I mean when the modal dialog pops up and asks you to place your finger, the fingerprint animation just keeps re-tracing regardless how long you hold your finger there (at least 6 minutes)
  • I use the fingerprint reader for logging in and security checks, so the sensor and finger are good.
  • I'm using an active Apple Card
  • I've used Apple Pay with the same Apple Card to make recent purchases on my iPhone X
  • I've had this issue on a number of sites since getting the machine

Thanks to anyone who has any ideas on correcting this.

[Link Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 11:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2022 8:53 AM

Turns out this problem was a poorly handled server-side integration / configuration of the Apple Pay system on a very commonly used storefront tool used by a large number of websites.

I gave some examples sites on my original post, but the moderator has removed them.

Similar questions

2 replies

Is there a solution for Apple Pay on M1 Mac just hanging?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.