Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem viewing images at full-size.

For years when I wanted to view a screenshot or image on my desktop (or in Finder) I simply click-to-highlight and then hit Space. It would pop up to a large image on my screen. For the last week it no longer does this. Instead I get a much smaller image surrounded by blank space and a prompt to "Open with Preview".

I have for years used this shortcut to view final images before sending to clients and cannot spend time opening each one in Preview. How do I get back to using this the way I did?

There was a thread from 2020 I saw on here, but no final answers were given (except to start up in Safe Mode - which didn't solve it). it can't be just me having this issue... can it?

Mac mini M1 Monterey 12.0.1

Mac mini, macOS 12.0

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 8:08 AM

What works for some is to relaunch the Finder. Hold the option key and right/control click on the Finder icon in the Dock.

Similar questions

3 replies

Problem viewing images at full-size.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.