Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can someone else use my Gift Card to make a purchase?

Yesterday, I bought a MacBook Pro from New York apple store and got an Gift Card worth 100$. I wanted to know can someone else use this Gift Card for the next purchase on behalf of me if I provide the needed credentials or something?? Or it is mandatory for me to use the card by myself?

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 10:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 11:10 PM

A gift card is in some ways equivalent to cash. As already stated, if somebody has the numbers on the card they can redeem the value to their account and then use it to buy things. The entire value of the card is transferred to the account and then that value is used to buy things. Some cards can only be used for app, media, and services (e.g., iCloud+) purchases, others can be used in the online Apple Store. They can't be used in a retail Apple Store.

This article explains the different kinds of gift cards Apple uses and has links on how to redeem them and what can be purchased with each kind. Click on the link --> What type of gift card do I have? - https://support.apple.com/HT204199

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2021 11:10 PM in response to syeda233

A gift card is in some ways equivalent to cash. As already stated, if somebody has the numbers on the card they can redeem the value to their account and then use it to buy things. The entire value of the card is transferred to the account and then that value is used to buy things. Some cards can only be used for app, media, and services (e.g., iCloud+) purchases, others can be used in the online Apple Store. They can't be used in a retail Apple Store.

This article explains the different kinds of gift cards Apple uses and has links on how to redeem them and what can be purchased with each kind. Click on the link --> What type of gift card do I have? - https://support.apple.com/HT204199

Can someone else use my Gift Card to make a purchase?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.