Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

decibel output to protect hearing

Hi there. This may be a stupid question (probably is) but I am baffled at my inability to find an answer anywhere and I've been scouring the internet. Basically, I have minor hearing loss as it is and I want to ensure that I protect my hearing while composing and mixing in Logic Pro X. I want to be able to see what the dB output to my headphones is, similar to how iPhone tells you what the dB output to your AirPods is.

The dB meter on Stereo Out is a different dB than I'm used to. Is there a setting/plugin or the like which will show me the info I'm looking for? Thanks so much in advance for your help.

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 2:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2021 6:17 PM

You can insert the Level Meter efx plugin into the Stereo Out FX insert slot, it should be the last effect in the chain. Bottom slot if you have other effects plugins installed.

The Level Meter is in the... "Metering" subgroup.

Similar questions

3 replies

Nov 30, 2021 7:49 AM in response to Pancenter

Hi there. I hate to be a bother but this level meter still does not show me what I’m looking for. It’s showing the same data that the actual stereo out strip shows. It goes from -60 to +6 which doesn’t tell me anything about what is good or bad for my hearing. I need a meter that does the same thing the iPhone does for AirPods. One that shows decibels from 0dB to 100+dB. I am not sure what the difference is but I know how to read that and know which level is safe for hearing over time.

decibel output to protect hearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.