Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Midi cuts out and i have to reboot my ipad 9 after each session.

Is this to do with iPadOS 15?

Its fine when im using it, but if i disconnect the attached keyboard or turn it off there is a good chance that i lose midi connection to the ipad or apps next time i try and use them(B-3X, iM1 and D1), although the app is still showing the connected keyboard is recognised. Only solution seems to reboot the ipad each time.

Three different midi controlers. One bus powered, one battery and the other mains powered.

Ipad 9 running 15.1 and using USB cables.

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 3:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 10:47 AM

fliplip,

Have you been able to update the firmware on the controllers to see if that helps at all? You may also want to check with the manufacturers to see if they have seen similar issues.

Beyond that, have you tested with any other cables or adapters? That could also be part of the issue.

Cheers.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2021 10:47 AM in response to fliplip

fliplip,

Have you been able to update the firmware on the controllers to see if that helps at all? You may also want to check with the manufacturers to see if they have seen similar issues.

Beyond that, have you tested with any other cables or adapters? That could also be part of the issue.

Cheers.

Midi cuts out and i have to reboot my ipad 9 after each session.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.