Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut wrong keyboard layout

Hi, when I open the Command editor in Final Cut Pro the keyboard overlay is QWERTZ. How do I change this to reflect the actual keyboard? The keyboard is International English and British is selected in Keyboard Preferences.

Final Cut Pro 10.6.1

Mac OS 12.0.1

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 4:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 7:49 AM

I would start by deleting preferences - always something to try when the application behaves unexpectedly.

To delete preferences, hold down command and option while starting FCP X and click Delete Preferences.

The application will start in a default state, and open an "Untitled" library. Reopen the library you were working on, set the preferences the way you like them, and try again.

If the issue persists, tell us more about your system. Run Etrecheck and post its report here using the "additional text" button.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2021 7:49 AM in response to zebadee

I would start by deleting preferences - always something to try when the application behaves unexpectedly.

To delete preferences, hold down command and option while starting FCP X and click Delete Preferences.

The application will start in a default state, and open an "Untitled" library. Reopen the library you were working on, set the preferences the way you like them, and try again.

If the issue persists, tell us more about your system. Run Etrecheck and post its report here using the "additional text" button.

Final Cut wrong keyboard layout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.