Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to properly identify my keyboard with macOS 12.2

I have difficulties with my keyboard. I have a MPB 16" Intel and I have a key between the left shift and Z (ù) on the integrated keyboard of the laptop: it has a French CSA keyboard. But I am also using an external keyboard that do not have this extra key. When I am using my external keyboard with the US English keyboard, my top left key, the one below the esc key, is inserting § when pushed instead of the usual backtick.

I can go in the System Preferences to try identifying my keyboard but whatever I choose, at the end of the process, the problem remains.

How can I restore my backtick for my US English keyboard?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 7:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 7:13 AM

OK, I found a solution. I need to identify my keyboard with the US English keyboard selected as input method. Is this a bug? Why is this not working while I have the CSA Canadian keyboard? I mean I may be using many input methods but there is only one physical keyboard that I am trying to identify.

Similar questions

3 replies

Unable to properly identify my keyboard with macOS 12.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.