Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When the battery is dead, the screen goes to 30hz

When the battery runs out and turns itself off and wakes up with a charge, the screen refresh rate drops. This happens when you stay in sleep mode for a long time.

Sample insertion

https://***

normal state

https://***

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 4:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 2:17 PM

Hi there cihadduman,

If you've found the issue occurs in multiple administrator accounts, including one that has been newly-created, it would be best to get in touch with Apple directly in order to look into this further. You can do so using this link: Get Support

Kindest regards.

Similar questions

5 replies

Nov 29, 2021 7:13 AM in response to cihadduman

Hi cihadduman,

Thanks for the post in Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you find the refresh rate changes when your battery has run out. Is that right?

Which exact MacBook Air model are you using?

Does the refresh rate return to normal after the Mac has been connected to power and recharged a bit?

Also, are you referring to the built-in display, or an external display?

This resource has some information and suggestions that may be worth testing, depending on the answers to the above: If graphics tasks slow down your Mac

Best wishes.

Nov 29, 2021 1:04 PM in response to cihadduman

Hi cihadduman,

Thanks for those details. When you say the same issue now occurs when the battery is fully charged, what's happening there? Are you finding the refresh rate is changing while the Mac is in use and your battery is charged? How about if you're connected to a power supply?

It sounds like it will be helpful to try a test to see if you can replicate the issue in a newly-created administrator account, which will help work out more about whether this is normal or, if not, what could be causing it. Here's how to Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac. Let us know if you can reproduce this when you're logged in with a different user. This will determine if it's user-specific or system-wide.

Take care.

Nov 30, 2021 11:15 AM in response to ryane77

Thanks for your response, but this problem has been around for a long time, valid for big sur and montery different accounts. I don't know, I didn't care because this problem was fixed when I restarted it, I decided to write because it's frequent these days, I used apple diagnostics, but there was no hardware problem. Now I'm wondering if it's just me or use m1 air, does everyone experience such things from time to time?

When the battery is dead, the screen goes to 30hz

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.