Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My near new iPad Pro 12.9 takes many, many hours to charge.

If the Barrera level says any amount of charge, and I plug it in, it could take 20 hours or more to fully charge it. Right now, it has been plugged in to the charger for 4 hours and it started at 38%, and now it is at 27%. It is the OEM brand new cord, and a generic charger that I have had for years and has worked flawlessly charging all of my Apple products (iPhone, previous iPad, iPad mini, etc, etc, etc)

Any ideas on what’s wrong?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi, Cell

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 12:23 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Nov 28, 2021 12:43 PM in response to stedman1

It says 8 amps, but I am pretty sure that is split between the 8 USB outlets, so 1 amp each. I bought it about 6 years ago. IIRC, it is 1 amp per port.

On a positive note, I changed over to the OEM cube that came with the iPad. It now seems to be charging. It seems a bit slow, but maybe it is okay.

I am thinking the individual charging port may have burned out. I’ll keep my iPad on the OEM cube for the time being.

Thanks for your reply.

My near new iPad Pro 12.9 takes many, many hours to charge.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.