Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Very slow wifi after ios15 update

I’ve seen others report this problem but haven’t seen a satisfactory solution yet. Unless I missed it

Since upgrading one iPad to iOS15 my wifi is delivering EXTREMELY slow speeds

other Apple devices on the same network that are not iOS15 are still fine.

I’ve tried powering the router off and on - no help

I’ve tried powering the iPad off and on - doesn’t help

I upgraded a spare iPhone that WAS performing ok - on iOS15 it now displays the same very slow network access

I see in excess of 30Mbps on all other devices. I am lucky to get 5Mbps on iOS15!

is there anything else anyone has done that fixes this??

thanks

Phil G

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 1:15 PM

3 replies

Nov 29, 2021 10:45 AM in response to philguk

Hello philguk,

We see you're having issues with your Wi-Fi after updating iOS, and we'd be happy to help.

You've tried some good steps already, such as restarting the router and device.

Be sure to also try resetting the network settings on the affected iOS device. Tap Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before. Be sure to note down any needed Wi-Fi passwords ahead of time.

To help further isolate it down fully, it can also help to try connecting the same device to a different, reliable Wi-Fi network, just to see if it persists there as well.

If you're using any kind of VPNs or other security software, try temporarily uninstalling those, to see if this helps.

Cheers.

Nov 29, 2021 10:51 AM in response to Eric_G1

A quick update on what's been happening - as I spoke with an incredibly helpful and knowledgeable guy at Apple this morning

None of the reset or power off options were making any difference for me, and I've never used iCloud or VPN - so we were a bit stuck

On his suggestions I did a factory reset on the iPad and then checked the wifi speed - it was well within the speeds I would expect. This is WITHOUT any apps or anything else installed

As I have a second iPad that was not exhibiting the same symptoms (and I keep the two iPads quite closely set up) I restored from the "working" iPad to my struggling one

AND, so far, all is well. Even though it's busy downloading apps, SpeedTest shows the speeds I would expect to see

SO

My problem is fixed (I hope) although I have no idea what caused it. But it doesn't look like it was directly an iOS 15 issue after all

Very slow wifi after ios15 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.