Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS Apple Music Interface (Catalina)

General Question - Is there anyway to view my music library in a sortable list like we used to do for years on iTunes (list by song title, artist, album etc.) for my personal library?

Specific Question - The general question was prompted by the fact that I have tried to import a compilation of my own recordings from different bands. I created an album to import with a title "My Bands" and then labeled the songs and the various bands in each song informations. However, when I imported it, it is only listed as individual songs. Not as one album "My Bands". I realize I can create a "Playlist" of these songs, but in the old days, there should be an album called "My Bands" with the songs in it just like any commercial compilation. Am I missing something? Can't I import my own compilations? And if Apple Music will not accommodate this import as an "album" creating a playlist would be a lot easier if I could list things as I used to do (General question!). Thanks in advance!

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 4:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2021 5:25 PM

I answered my own second question!! When I entered the information during import, I put song title, album and the name of the band, BUT, I did not check the box that states the album is a compilation! This solved the problem and I can indeed import a compilation of various recordings I made with different bands with different names!

First question still stands, can I view my entire library in a list form without the thumbnails?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2021 5:25 PM in response to Wordplay

I answered my own second question!! When I entered the information during import, I put song title, album and the name of the band, BUT, I did not check the box that states the album is a compilation! This solved the problem and I can indeed import a compilation of various recordings I made with different bands with different names!

First question still stands, can I view my entire library in a list form without the thumbnails?

OS Apple Music Interface (Catalina)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.