Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot forget a wifi network

When I press "forget wifi network" and confirm, the network reappears under "my networks" almost instantly. It also does not allow me to unselect or select auto-join on any of my wifi networks (I can toggle the option, but if I leave and come back it reverts back to the original setting).

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 1:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 7:15 PM

Hello Daedalus13,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand that a Wi-Fi network that's been for forgotten unexpectedly reappears as connected. We'll be happy to help.

If you haven't tried yet, let's restart your iPhone and test to see if that helps. This can help resolve unexpected behavior: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

In addition, let's ensure that your iPhone is updated to the latest software version. Here's how: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Please let us know if that helps.

Kind regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2021 7:15 PM in response to Daedalus13

Hello Daedalus13,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand that a Wi-Fi network that's been for forgotten unexpectedly reappears as connected. We'll be happy to help.

If you haven't tried yet, let's restart your iPhone and test to see if that helps. This can help resolve unexpected behavior: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

In addition, let's ensure that your iPhone is updated to the latest software version. Here's how: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Please let us know if that helps.

Kind regards.

Cannot forget a wifi network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.