Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transparency mode on airpod pros is muffled and not working

So- I have airpod pros and I always use transparency mode so I can hear people. Lately the transparency mode hasn’t been working- it’s muffled and it sounds the same as if they were just turned off. I’ve already had them replaced once, and I don’t know what the issue is. I’ve already tried doing the basics of re-pairing them and updating my phone, but they still don’t work. I don’t ever drop them and there’s nothing noticeably wrong on the outside. Noise canceling and the off modes work perfectly fine, it’s just for some reason transparency mode is broken. It’s really frustrating because I can’t hear people and I have to take my airpods out over and over to have a conversation while still listening to music.

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 7:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 8:12 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, DJ_Hyperfresh!

We understand you're having trouble with Transparency mode on your AirPods Pro. We'd be happy to provide information to help you address this.

Check to see how Transparency mode is set, and use these steps to see if it helps: Customize headphone audio levels on your iPhone or iPad

"Use Conversation Boost on your AirPods Pro

Conversation Boost focuses your AirPods Pro on the person who's talking in front of you. This makes it easier to hear when you're talking face-to-face.

To turn on Conversation Boost:

1. Check that you have the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
  2. Put your AirPods Pro in your ears and connect them to your iPhone or iPad.
  3. Go to Settings > Accessibility > Audio/Visual > Headphone Accommodations > Transparency Mode.
  4. Tap Conversation Boost.

You can also turn on Conversation Boost by tapping the Hearing button  in Control Center. in Control Center."

Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2021 8:12 AM in response to DJ_Hyperfresh

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, DJ_Hyperfresh!

We understand you're having trouble with Transparency mode on your AirPods Pro. We'd be happy to provide information to help you address this.

Check to see how Transparency mode is set, and use these steps to see if it helps: Customize headphone audio levels on your iPhone or iPad

"Use Conversation Boost on your AirPods Pro

Conversation Boost focuses your AirPods Pro on the person who's talking in front of you. This makes it easier to hear when you're talking face-to-face.

To turn on Conversation Boost:

1. Check that you have the latest version of iOS or iPadOS.
  2. Put your AirPods Pro in your ears and connect them to your iPhone or iPad.
  3. Go to Settings > Accessibility > Audio/Visual > Headphone Accommodations > Transparency Mode.
  4. Tap Conversation Boost.

You can also turn on Conversation Boost by tapping the Hearing button  in Control Center. in Control Center."

Have a great day!

Transparency mode on airpod pros is muffled and not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.