Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Maps Incident Alerts

1) Is Maps supposed to DISPLAY anything with its alerts? I hear an audio alert of an upcoming speed check, but see nothing on the map (using CarPlay)

2) The audio alert and screen notifications were slightly different each time... Once it told me there was a speed check with an approximate distance ahead, another time I got a notification box that simply let me acknowledge the alert, and another time I was prompted to respond whether the alert was still valid or should be cleared.

Is this normal?

iPhone SE

Posted on Nov 29, 2021 2:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2021 11:03 AM

Hello Dougweiser2,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, Apple Maps prompted you for an upcoming speed check when using CarPlay and you'd like to confirm the behavior. We'll do our best to assist with this.

Reporting an incident is user driven. Which means, that these alerts are prompted by user input and can be cleared by users.

With that said, we'd review the following:

Report traffic incidents in CarPlay

Report an incident in Maps on your iPhone

In Report traffic incidents in CarPlay, it states that, "Speed checks are not displayed with incident markers. Instead, notifications for speed checks appear when you follow turn-by-turn directions."

Given the information above, we'd say this would be normal behavior for the Apple Maps app to acknowledge the upcoming speed check with audio, confirm it with an alert, and clear it; if it's no longer valid.

Let us know if this helps out, take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2021 11:03 AM in response to dougweiser2

Hello Dougweiser2,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, Apple Maps prompted you for an upcoming speed check when using CarPlay and you'd like to confirm the behavior. We'll do our best to assist with this.

Reporting an incident is user driven. Which means, that these alerts are prompted by user input and can be cleared by users.

With that said, we'd review the following:

Report traffic incidents in CarPlay

Report an incident in Maps on your iPhone

In Report traffic incidents in CarPlay, it states that, "Speed checks are not displayed with incident markers. Instead, notifications for speed checks appear when you follow turn-by-turn directions."

Given the information above, we'd say this would be normal behavior for the Apple Maps app to acknowledge the upcoming speed check with audio, confirm it with an alert, and clear it; if it's no longer valid.

Let us know if this helps out, take care.

Apple Maps Incident Alerts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.